Josh Trank is reportedly considering a reunion with his Chronicle star Michael B. Jordan by casting him in the Fantastic Four do-over. Jordan would play Johnny Storm, The Human Torch.
This would be the first African-American incarnation of Storm that I’m aware of, and one in a very short list on non-white big screen super heroes. I wonder if Trank and Fox have leaked this info to The Wrap as a way of sounding out the potential audience’s reaction to this?
Though I haven’t read the script and would have to trust that the Human Torch as written will suit Jordan and his manner, I’d say Do It.
I like Jordan a lot. He certainly had a surfeit of charm in Chronicle, and Fruitvale is about to win him many fans, plaudits, and even awards. Fantastic Four would be lucky to have him.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014