The Facebook page for The Inbetweeners has been thumped into action after some rumours crept out in the tabloids. Here’s their official statement, and you can read between the lines to work out what The Sun has said:
Facebook ‘Fwends’ – we told you you’d be the first to hear about Inbetweeners stuff, and althought that’s still true. The Sun went rifling and found some stuff out about a sequel. Nothing’s signed yet, and Australia is just one of the ideas we’re kicking around, but we hope to have a new and definitiely final film for you some time next year.
We hope you miss us as much as we miss you.
I don’t know why the overseas trip is such a staple of these TV-shows-turned-movies but if the last film got away with its trip to Magaluf, that was because this destination would absolutely, definitely be somewhere these guys would go; and that they went there just after finishing out sixth form, which was very much the right timing.
I’m not sure that the “Overseas Jolly” tropes would seem anything like as naive the next time around so, hopefully, the list of other ideas in contention doesn’t just read like the window display of a travel agent.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014