Dale Lazarov writes, regarding the story we ran earlier about Gumroad’s change in digital comics content decisions.
There’s a happy ending to the Gumroad censoring my comics story. It’s a true victory as everyone got what they wanted. Gumroad now has a clear policy against adult work. Everyone who bought STICKY #1 from Gumroad got their money back…AND we still got paid in full!
Gumroad networked us to Ribbon, a digital distributor happy to distribute both my comics and other people’s comics that are of an adult nature. We were connected with Ribbon about 12 hours after the article was posted on Bleeding Cool.
Before I signed on with Ribbon and let Gumroad off the hook, I asked that Ribbon assure me/us that they wouldn’t suddenly disenfranchise adult comics. I got a reassurance *in writing* that they would change their Terms of Service so pornography is no longer excluded. And they did!
Now EVERYONE has an erotic-comics-friendly digital distributor that **didn’t exist before**.
Ribbon now sells my digital gay erotic comics PDFs…
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017
- John Barrowman Dances On Stage In A TARDIS Dress At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017