Dale Lazarov writes, regarding the story we ran earlier about Gumroad’s change in digital comics content decisions.
There’s a happy ending to the Gumroad censoring my comics story. It’s a true victory as everyone got what they wanted. Gumroad now has a clear policy against adult work. Everyone who bought STICKY #1 from Gumroad got their money back…AND we still got paid in full!
Gumroad networked us to Ribbon, a digital distributor happy to distribute both my comics and other people’s comics that are of an adult nature. We were connected with Ribbon about 12 hours after the article was posted on Bleeding Cool.
Before I signed on with Ribbon and let Gumroad off the hook, I asked that Ribbon assure me/us that they wouldn’t suddenly disenfranchise adult comics. I got a reassurance *in writing* that they would change their Terms of Service so pornography is no longer excluded. And they did!
Now EVERYONE has an erotic-comics-friendly digital distributor that **didn’t exist before**.
Ribbon now sells my digital gay erotic comics PDFs…
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Changes Title of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- Vaughn Stein Developing Smoketown from Scout Comics as a Movie - January 18, 2018