Dale Lazarov writes, regarding the story we ran earlier about Gumroad’s change in digital comics content decisions.
There’s a happy ending to the Gumroad censoring my comics story. It’s a true victory as everyone got what they wanted. Gumroad now has a clear policy against adult work. Everyone who bought STICKY #1 from Gumroad got their money back…AND we still got paid in full!
Gumroad networked us to Ribbon, a digital distributor happy to distribute both my comics and other people’s comics that are of an adult nature. We were connected with Ribbon about 12 hours after the article was posted on Bleeding Cool.
Before I signed on with Ribbon and let Gumroad off the hook, I asked that Ribbon assure me/us that they wouldn’t suddenly disenfranchise adult comics. I got a reassurance *in writing* that they would change their Terms of Service so pornography is no longer excluded. And they did!
Now EVERYONE has an erotic-comics-friendly digital distributor that **didn’t exist before**.
Ribbon now sells my digital gay erotic comics PDFs…
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017