Dale Lazarov writes, regarding the story we ran earlier about Gumroad’s change in digital comics content decisions.
There’s a happy ending to the Gumroad censoring my comics story. It’s a true victory as everyone got what they wanted. Gumroad now has a clear policy against adult work. Everyone who bought STICKY #1 from Gumroad got their money back…AND we still got paid in full!
Gumroad networked us to Ribbon, a digital distributor happy to distribute both my comics and other people’s comics that are of an adult nature. We were connected with Ribbon about 12 hours after the article was posted on Bleeding Cool.
Before I signed on with Ribbon and let Gumroad off the hook, I asked that Ribbon assure me/us that they wouldn’t suddenly disenfranchise adult comics. I got a reassurance *in writing* that they would change their Terms of Service so pornography is no longer excluded. And they did!
Now EVERYONE has an erotic-comics-friendly digital distributor that **didn’t exist before**.
Ribbon now sells my digital gay erotic comics PDFs…
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017