Aaron Haaland writes;
Hey Fandom, it’s me, Aaron! This is A Comic Show’s New Comics Now where I talk about the books I liked each week. I just got back from c2e2 and am loving comics!
Action is still bitter sweet. Animal Man had a great twist ending. Aquaman also had a WTF ending with Mera! The Movement is modern and relevant super powered young people by Gail Simone, this is the Edge I want! And Swamp Thing was the end of a quick and awesome two part story. Snyder can do a great 18 issue epic, but Soule got in and out in two issues and won me over for his entire run!
Marvel had a few good books, and one insanely good one: Hawkeye! Again, try this issue of Hawkeye, just this one. Even if you haven’t read what’s come before, you’ll love it and be ready for more (binge on the volume one if that’s the case). Thanos was brutal. And Superior Spider-man leaves us without and hope…in this era…
Bedlam and Great Pacific volume one’s are out, value priced and with dollar first issues that I’ll give my people free! Image makes it so easy to try something new! Ten Grand by JMS and Templesmith was creepy cool. Yes it felt like Hellblazer minus London and plus love, but I enjoyed it. Black Bat was pulp hero grit that Dynamite has almost cornered the market on (Black Beetle is Super Noir though). And Shadowman #0 shows other companies what a zero issue should be and when it should be released (back story of the antagonist and at least an arc in so that we have time to care).
Thanks for watching and I hope to see a lot of you on Free Comic Book Day!
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017