Though Eel Marsh House is the only returning star from the first instalment – that we know of so far anyhow – the new male and female leads for Hammer’s Woman in Black sequel The Angel of Death have been found.
While we have no idea who they’ll be playing – but I’ll put ten dollars on the odds that we’re looking at a soldier and a nurse – the roles have gone to Jeremy Irvine and Phoebe Fox.
Irvine was in War Horse and Mike Newell‘s Great Expectations, whereas Fox’s best-seen roles to date will have been on TV, in Switch and, in a minor role, the Black Mirror episode, The Entire History of You.
Here’s the film’s blurb, which should clue you into why I’ll take the soldier and nurse bet:
The Woman In Black: Angel of Death will continue the story four decades later. Seized by the government during World War II, the sudden arrival of a group of evacuated children at Eel Marsh House awakens its darkest inhabitant.
Misfits alum Tom Harper is directing, and the script is by Jon Croker, from a story by Susan Hill, author of the original Woman in Black novel. Less of the easy-ass jump scares than last time, please.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014