David Cage and Quantic Dream’s next game will be the incredibly ambitious Beyond: Two Souls, which is set for release towards the end of the year. This determinedly cinematic experience will star Ellen Page and Willem Defoe.
You can see both – or their virtual representations, anyhow – in these videos. First, there’s a new trailer for the game, or if you’re not worried about the lighter kind of spoiler, there’s over half an hour of gameplay footage to get stuck into too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDNpGvmGCQ#!
Okay, they’re obviously making headway with introducing cinematic technique to games, but how does Beyond actually play? Heavy Rain, Cage’s last game, was far too much like Dragon’s Lair for my liking.
Will we ever get something that can blend the appeal of movies and all of the power that they offer with that continuous, flowing feedback loop of interaction between player and game?
Thanks to The Playstation Blog for starting me on my evening of Beyond dabbling and surfing.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014