Marvel’s David Gabriel seems to be challenging DC’s Bob Wayne for the driest wit at publisher presentation panels of late. And his “Death Every Quarter” from a couple of years ago may have been a joke, but Marvel seem to have stuck to it…
He had more news to impart in Chicago yesterday, at the Diamond retailer summit. Some of which we expect to hear a lot more about at C2E2, starting today.
Gabriel confirmed the Bleeding Cool story that the new Warren Ellis/Mike McKone Avengers original graphic novel will be the first in a line of them.
Their trailer for a Once Upon A Time comic went down very well in the room, and they also showed off footage from the Marvel XD block of programming, Ultimate Spider-man, Hulk Smash, and Avengers Assemble.
They plan to update the Marvel AR App, will be adding the icon to work on Marvel Previews, and to provide “Previously Seen On” moments to trade paperbacks. And there will be AR in their Free Comic Book Day comics, as will the free Avengers postcards being sent out.
We will see a Skottie Young cover collection in September, they showed a preview of Superior Spider-Man in the Spider-Man 2099 suit, and promised much All New X-Men action in a new 50th Anniversary event called X-Men: Battle Of The Atom. And Gabriel also told retailers to watch for The Inhumans…
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018