Porcelain is my favorite book of the year so far. Benjamin Read’s script has the sort of delicate, precise touch that the best, most disturbing, fairy tales have. The central friendship is delicately, touchingly built, the dialogue has some wonderful, subtle jokes and nuances to it and the moments of horror are amongst the best I’ve seen. It’s perfectly realized, and expanded on, by Chris Wildgoose’s art too, the incredibly clean lines reminiscent of the Rupert the Bear annuals I grew up with just with a lot more darkness beneath the surface. It’s an amazing book, and with it being offered through Previews shortly, Improper have released a rather lovely book trailer for it.
I love that they used the tree panel in there, it really shows what Read and Wildgoose can do with leading you around the page. If you can’t wait, and believe me, unless you absolutely have to, you really shouldn’t wait, Porcelain is available in limited quantities through Page 45 and Travelling Man now.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015