At the Diamond Retailer Summit this weekend at Chicago, naturally one of the groups presenting to retailers was Diamond Digital, who allow comics stores to sell digital codes for comics direct to the consumer. While they have many publishers, the Big Two, Marvel and DC haven’t been involved.
Well, Marvel has now agreed to make a hundred of its best-selling comic collections available to buy digitally through comic stores via Diamond Digital.
Retailers were told that Marvel’s participation is based on retailer participation and that they will pull out if it isn’t enough.
Diamond Digital are unique in the way they provide digital codes for comic shops to sell, giving them the ability to sell digital comics without the paper equivalent but retaining the link between the comic shop and the reader.
However Diamond Digital have stated that they have no intention of cross-pollinating Diamond Digital comics with ComiXology. It’s a Two App Solution.
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017