At the Diamond Retailer Summit this weekend at Chicago, naturally one of the groups presenting to retailers was Diamond Digital, who allow comics stores to sell digital codes for comics direct to the consumer. While they have many publishers, the Big Two, Marvel and DC haven’t been involved.
Well, Marvel has now agreed to make a hundred of its best-selling comic collections available to buy digitally through comic stores via Diamond Digital.
Retailers were told that Marvel’s participation is based on retailer participation and that they will pull out if it isn’t enough.
Diamond Digital are unique in the way they provide digital codes for comic shops to sell, giving them the ability to sell digital comics without the paper equivalent but retaining the link between the comic shop and the reader.
However Diamond Digital have stated that they have no intention of cross-pollinating Diamond Digital comics with ComiXology. It’s a Two App Solution.
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017
- “When Their Sales Go Down, They Will Abandon You” – Run DMC’s Darryl McDaniels On Comic Book Publishing - April 26, 2017
- Venom #150, The First Of The Marvel Legacy Comics – And It Shows - April 26, 2017