At the Diamond Retailer Summit this weekend at Chicago, naturally one of the groups presenting to retailers was Diamond Digital, who allow comics stores to sell digital codes for comics direct to the consumer. While they have many publishers, the Big Two, Marvel and DC haven’t been involved.
Well, Marvel has now agreed to make a hundred of its best-selling comic collections available to buy digitally through comic stores via Diamond Digital.
Retailers were told that Marvel’s participation is based on retailer participation and that they will pull out if it isn’t enough.
Diamond Digital are unique in the way they provide digital codes for comic shops to sell, giving them the ability to sell digital comics without the paper equivalent but retaining the link between the comic shop and the reader.
However Diamond Digital have stated that they have no intention of cross-pollinating Diamond Digital comics with ComiXology. It’s a Two App Solution.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018