At the Diamond Retailer Summit this weekend at Chicago, naturally one of the groups presenting to retailers was Diamond Digital, who allow comics stores to sell digital codes for comics direct to the consumer. While they have many publishers, the Big Two, Marvel and DC haven’t been involved.
Well, Marvel has now agreed to make a hundred of its best-selling comic collections available to buy digitally through comic stores via Diamond Digital.
Retailers were told that Marvel’s participation is based on retailer participation and that they will pull out if it isn’t enough.
Diamond Digital are unique in the way they provide digital codes for comic shops to sell, giving them the ability to sell digital comics without the paper equivalent but retaining the link between the comic shop and the reader.
However Diamond Digital have stated that they have no intention of cross-pollinating Diamond Digital comics with ComiXology. It’s a Two App Solution.
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017