Returnability, returnability, returnability. That’s what Image Comics were praised for by retailers at the Diamond Retailer Summit in Chicago yesterday. Making books like Saga #1, East Of West #1 and Jupiter’s Legacy #1 returnable has allowed retailers to gradually increase the amount of books being ordered to the extend that Jupiter’s Legacy will hit the Top Ten for April. It was considered far more attractive by the retailers present than increased discounts.
Image also seemed open to the idea of incentives for retailers who stocked up on trade paperbacks from the first solicitation.
We heard about the Image Comics Expo 2013 yesterday, but there are more plans for the company. They plan an major overhaul of their website which will include a direct retailer-only portal.
There’s also a possibility that The Walking Dead may run a story arc weekly or bi-weekly. Everyone seemed very happy about that.
Oh, and retailers were told to stop waiting for Image United…
- The ComiXology Version of Action Comics #1000 is Missing Important Pages - April 19, 2018
- Esad Ribic’s Cover for Fantastic Four #1 – and Reed is Keeping the Beard - April 19, 2018
- Venom #1 Relaunch from Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman Tops Advance Reorders - April 19, 2018
- Thanos Goes to Fourth and Third Printings, Domino, Hawkeye, and X-Men Red Get Seconds - April 19, 2018
- Eric Powell’s Video Update – and Albatross Funnybooks Solicits for July 2018 - April 19, 2018