Returnability, returnability, returnability. That’s what Image Comics were praised for by retailers at the Diamond Retailer Summit in Chicago yesterday. Making books like Saga #1, East Of West #1 and Jupiter’s Legacy #1 returnable has allowed retailers to gradually increase the amount of books being ordered to the extend that Jupiter’s Legacy will hit the Top Ten for April. It was considered far more attractive by the retailers present than increased discounts.
Image also seemed open to the idea of incentives for retailers who stocked up on trade paperbacks from the first solicitation.
We heard about the Image Comics Expo 2013 yesterday, but there are more plans for the company. They plan an major overhaul of their website which will include a direct retailer-only portal.
There’s also a possibility that The Walking Dead may run a story arc weekly or bi-weekly. Everyone seemed very happy about that.
Oh, and retailers were told to stop waiting for Image United…
- The Battle Over Whether Batman Is A Meta-Human Gets Increasingly Meta - July 28, 2017
- Drugs Raid Seizes Death Of Phoenix, 2nd Deadpool, 1st Bishop And Infinity Gauntlet - July 28, 2017
- The UN Turns To Comics To Save The World At San Diego Comic-Con - July 28, 2017
- The Six Big Questions Asked By Marvel Legacy #1 – But What Of The Child? - July 28, 2017
- The X-Men’s Origins Retold In 8 Page Preview Of Ed Piskor’s X-Men: Grand Design - July 28, 2017