Returnability, returnability, returnability. That’s what Image Comics were praised for by retailers at the Diamond Retailer Summit in Chicago yesterday. Making books like Saga #1, East Of West #1 and Jupiter’s Legacy #1 returnable has allowed retailers to gradually increase the amount of books being ordered to the extend that Jupiter’s Legacy will hit the Top Ten for April. It was considered far more attractive by the retailers present than increased discounts.
Image also seemed open to the idea of incentives for retailers who stocked up on trade paperbacks from the first solicitation.
We heard about the Image Comics Expo 2013 yesterday, but there are more plans for the company. They plan an major overhaul of their website which will include a direct retailer-only portal.
There’s also a possibility that The Walking Dead may run a story arc weekly or bi-weekly. Everyone seemed very happy about that.
Oh, and retailers were told to stop waiting for Image United…
- Dark Horse Solicits For April 2017 – - January 24, 2017
- Changes To Tomorrow’s Comics – Detective Comics, Future Quest And Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps - January 24, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today! A Comic Show – Star Wars, Saga, & Slayer - January 24, 2017
- Reading Nick Spencer’s Captain America While Reading His Tweets - January 24, 2017
- André Lima Araújo Is Drawing The Wicked + The Divine 455 - January 24, 2017