Returnability, returnability, returnability. That’s what Image Comics were praised for by retailers at the Diamond Retailer Summit in Chicago yesterday. Making books like Saga #1, East Of West #1 and Jupiter’s Legacy #1 returnable has allowed retailers to gradually increase the amount of books being ordered to the extend that Jupiter’s Legacy will hit the Top Ten for April. It was considered far more attractive by the retailers present than increased discounts.
Image also seemed open to the idea of incentives for retailers who stocked up on trade paperbacks from the first solicitation.
We heard about the Image Comics Expo 2013 yesterday, but there are more plans for the company. They plan an major overhaul of their website which will include a direct retailer-only portal.
There’s also a possibility that The Walking Dead may run a story arc weekly or bi-weekly. Everyone seemed very happy about that.
Oh, and retailers were told to stop waiting for Image United…
- The Daily LITG – 20th October 2018 - October 20, 2018
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018