Returnability, returnability, returnability. That’s what Image Comics were praised for by retailers at the Diamond Retailer Summit in Chicago yesterday. Making books like Saga #1, East Of West #1 and Jupiter’s Legacy #1 returnable has allowed retailers to gradually increase the amount of books being ordered to the extend that Jupiter’s Legacy will hit the Top Ten for April. It was considered far more attractive by the retailers present than increased discounts.
Image also seemed open to the idea of incentives for retailers who stocked up on trade paperbacks from the first solicitation.
We heard about the Image Comics Expo 2013 yesterday, but there are more plans for the company. They plan an major overhaul of their website which will include a direct retailer-only portal.
There’s also a possibility that The Walking Dead may run a story arc weekly or bi-weekly. Everyone seemed very happy about that.
Oh, and retailers were told to stop waiting for Image United…
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017