So, at one point, Christopher Eccleston was to have been in the Fiftieth Anniversary episode of Doctor Who. But then, it seems, changed his mind. But add that to the clothing choice of a certain John Hurt on the set has led to some entertaining speculation.
Note, as I said, that this is pure speculation, but there’s always a possibility, however doubtful, that it might be true. Know that going in.
So who is John Hurt really playing? What if he’s… The Doctor?
Here’s how it could conceivably play out. Between the Eighth and the Ninth Doctor, there was another Doctor who we previously have had no knowledge of. He’s played by John Hurt, he fought in the Time War and he regenerated into the Ninth Doctor… who promptly forgot about him. And who is now actually the Tenth Doctor. Which makes the current Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor.
Which means that the next look of the Doctor, rumoured to be seen at the end of the Christmas Episode as actor Matt Smith may be leaving the show, would be the Thirteenth Doctor. As fans of Doctor Who lore know, that would mean he’s the Last Doctor.
Rumours are that the actor in question has already been chosen.
How, or if the Valeyard will fit in with any of that, who knows…
Now, of course, this is all made up. But then again, aren’t all stories? And all from a photo of an actor in a black leather jacket…
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017