Spirou, the long standing French comics anthology, that was first published in the same week as Action Comics #1, has created its own separate digital comic spinoff.
Spirou Z (the name influenced by Dragonball Z) is aimed at a family audience and has been created by many leading French and Belgian comic creators specifically for the digital reading experience, dubbed something they call Turbomedia.
Which means lost of comics based on Alex De Campi’s layered panel approach, but also examples of infinite space, different directions of reading experience, and limited animation, sound effects and other bits and bobs. It’s very effectively put together, there are lots of stories to experience, it’s basically changed the digital comics landscape in one sitting. Many will take issues in some of the areas it travels, some closer to animation than comics, but it does seem to walk the line of a digital comics anthology well. I urge you to try it for yourself.
And issue 0, is free, on the App Store right now, and it’s even in English.
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017
- SCOOP: The Return Of The Elementals From Dynamite Entertainment - April 30, 2017