Over the coming weeks and months I’m going to be making a short film. I’ve just finished my third draft of the script, and I think it’s time to move ahead and actually transform this thing from words into sound and vision.
It’s called Coming Around Again, and for now, that’s more or less all I’m going to tell you about it. As I go through the process, however, I’m going to be writing a series of updates about the film here on the blog, so I can dig into what I’m doing, and why.
And I’m going to read your feedback, if you have any.
The next step is to wait for notes on the script – I’ve sent copies to some trusted readers – and then act on what I learn from their comments. At the same time, I’m going to start looking for collaborators. At the moment, the crew of the film is just me and that’s going to have to change.
And sooner or later, I’ll be looking for actors.
The first person I’ll need, though, is a storyboard artist. Please do send me any recommendations or leads on that front – or, I suppose, any other front. No harm in planning ahead.
In the next update I’ll talk about the notes I received on my script, and what I’m doing about them.
Then we’ll move onto planning the visual side of things, getting the band together, and eventually to shooting the film, then we’ll move on into post production. It’s a long road ahead, and there can’t fail to be surprises…
Here’s hoping they’re happy ones.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014