Marvel may not have made it on tomto a Diamond Comic Distributors meeting earlier today in Chicago. But Nick Barrucci from Dynamite was there to fill the void. Their big Chicago announcement was cosying up to Dark Horse Digital, the news of which probably wasn’t of interest to retailers.
They’ve promised to cut back a little on variant covers, which have been increasingly dominating their schedule of late.
Dynamite would love Alex Ross to paint more comic book interiors as well as covers, and are having lunch with Ross tomorrow in Chicago to discuss upcoming oppurtunities. They knew there would be some backlash from him only painting the first issue of Masks 1, but told retailers that was the only way to get it done. They do however like the idea of reprinting the issue as a treasuray edition.
They intentionally tried to piggy back off of Mark Waid’s run on Daredevil for his run on Green Hornet, especially with Paolo Rivera on covers.
Nick hopes that Gail Simone will stay on Red Sonja for a long time. Her first story arc will have all female cover artists and Gail sent a list of twenty creators she wanted to use. After being asked to cut it to twelve, she asked they do more variant covers. The first issue will have five and then from issue two on up they will have three a piece – a regular cover, a variant, and a subscription variant that can be ordered as desired.
They also asked retailers to stack Damsels next to Fables and Grimm next to Buffy and Angel and have made the conscious effort to have #1 of Grimm and Damsels hit the Wednesday after the Free Comic Book Day editions…
- Thought Bubble Anthology 2017 Features Jason Aaron, Jen Bartel, Cecil Castellucci, Brandon Graham, Jody Houser, Jason Latour, Emi Lenox, Simon Roy, Marley Zarcone - July 20, 2017
- Have DC Masterclass Artists For Dark Matter Only Signed Up For 3 Issues Each? - July 20, 2017
- Will Titans And Teen Titans Merge In 2018? - July 20, 2017
- Is This The True Identity Of Mr. Oz In Superman? (Possible Spoilers) - July 20, 2017
- Bleeding Cool’s First Cosplay Shots From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 20, 2017