At the Diamond retailer summit, currently playing out in Chicago, DC Comics unveiled a free 128 page catalogue of their own, print and digital, featuring what they see as their “essential DC graphic novels”, available at May 28th.
During the presentation, DC reps frequently cited The Walking Dead as bringing in new customers to comic stores and they want their backlist to benefit in a similar fashion. 150,000 copies of the catalogue have been sent out, 25,000 are in the warehouse and DC will reprint it as needed. And the digital version will exist on all platforms where you find a digital DC comic.
Expect a big Publisher’s Weekly feature to run next week.
Oh one other thing, apparently the Superman Unchained #1 foldout is a complex creation, far more than the usual kind. They had to apparently mock it up in the office with physical objects to explain it to themselves. And we expect to find out more tonight…
- Could Sony Sell Spider-Man To CBS? - January 16, 2017
- Is Archie Comics Dropping Sonic The Hedgehog? - January 16, 2017
- Even More Walking Dead #163 For Your 25 Cents - January 16, 2017
- This Martin Luther King Comic May Have Been The Most Influential Comic Book Of All Time - January 16, 2017
- Dan Panosian On The Shadowy World Of The Inker - January 16, 2017