At the Diamond retailer summit, currently playing out in Chicago, DC Comics unveiled a free 128 page catalogue of their own, print and digital, featuring what they see as their “essential DC graphic novels”, available at May 28th.
During the presentation, DC reps frequently cited The Walking Dead as bringing in new customers to comic stores and they want their backlist to benefit in a similar fashion. 150,000 copies of the catalogue have been sent out, 25,000 are in the warehouse and DC will reprint it as needed. And the digital version will exist on all platforms where you find a digital DC comic.
Expect a big Publisher’s Weekly feature to run next week.
Oh one other thing, apparently the Superman Unchained #1 foldout is a complex creation, far more than the usual kind. They had to apparently mock it up in the office with physical objects to explain it to themselves. And we expect to find out more tonight…
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018