At the Diamond retailer summit, currently playing out in Chicago, DC Comics unveiled a free 128 page catalogue of their own, print and digital, featuring what they see as their “essential DC graphic novels”, available at May 28th.
During the presentation, DC reps frequently cited The Walking Dead as bringing in new customers to comic stores and they want their backlist to benefit in a similar fashion. 150,000 copies of the catalogue have been sent out, 25,000 are in the warehouse and DC will reprint it as needed. And the digital version will exist on all platforms where you find a digital DC comic.
Expect a big Publisher’s Weekly feature to run next week.
Oh one other thing, apparently the Superman Unchained #1 foldout is a complex creation, far more than the usual kind. They had to apparently mock it up in the office with physical objects to explain it to themselves. And we expect to find out more tonight…
- The Ten Biggest Toy And Statue Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017
- Crunchyroll Panel At San Diego Comic-Con Launches Their Own Show – Crunchyroll Expo - July 24, 2017
- The Top Twenty Highest Sales Of Signed Cast Posters From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017