At the Diamond retailer summit, currently playing out in Chicago, DC Comics unveiled a free 128 page catalogue of their own, print and digital, featuring what they see as their “essential DC graphic novels”, available at May 28th.
During the presentation, DC reps frequently cited The Walking Dead as bringing in new customers to comic stores and they want their backlist to benefit in a similar fashion. 150,000 copies of the catalogue have been sent out, 25,000 are in the warehouse and DC will reprint it as needed. And the digital version will exist on all platforms where you find a digital DC comic.
Expect a big Publisher’s Weekly feature to run next week.
Oh one other thing, apparently the Superman Unchained #1 foldout is a complex creation, far more than the usual kind. They had to apparently mock it up in the office with physical objects to explain it to themselves. And we expect to find out more tonight…
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017