Batman Inc has been a funny old title as far at the New 52 is concerned. The relaunch happened half way through its rather intricately designed run, which caused a fair few continuity issues. Indeed, the Leviathan One Shot published after the launch of the New 52 still included plenty of Pre-52 elements, such as a certain Stephanie Brown.
It wasn’t the only book to suffer such issues however, the Batwoman run was begun by JH Williams III well before they knew about the New 52, which meant when it came to showing certain characters in a backdrop on publication, they had to be whited out, Because they didn’t exist in the new continuity. Namely Azrael and Lady Blackhawk.
Azrael was a member of Batman Inc, but he hasn’t been seen since. Until tomorrow when he pops up in Batman Inc #10. Someone should tell David Hine.
Thanks to the LA Times for the preview. And the WTF cover for Batman Inc!
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018