Batman Inc has been a funny old title as far at the New 52 is concerned. The relaunch happened half way through its rather intricately designed run, which caused a fair few continuity issues. Indeed, the Leviathan One Shot published after the launch of the New 52 still included plenty of Pre-52 elements, such as a certain Stephanie Brown.
It wasn’t the only book to suffer such issues however, the Batwoman run was begun by JH Williams III well before they knew about the New 52, which meant when it came to showing certain characters in a backdrop on publication, they had to be whited out, Because they didn’t exist in the new continuity. Namely Azrael and Lady Blackhawk.
Azrael was a member of Batman Inc, but he hasn’t been seen since. Until tomorrow when he pops up in Batman Inc #10. Someone should tell David Hine.
Thanks to the LA Times for the preview. And the WTF cover for Batman Inc!
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017