Set for a cinema release in 2015 is a big-screen adaptation of the Ratchet and Clank videogame series. Perhaps the most surprising thing about this is there’s a trailer already, on the day the project is being officially announced.
Production of the film is being taken care of at Rainmaker Entertainment, who recently gave us the long-delayed, Weinstein-afflicted Escape From Planet Earth. I don’t think they’re really been tested under fair conditions as yet.
The plan is to integrate – though no doubt also polish – assets used in the game animation to make the film more “authentic.” I expect a consistency of voice casting too.
Sony have already adapted Heavenly Sword into a CG movie, and that one is expected to go straight to disc soon – I suppose it doesn’t seem as big-screen appropriated as the Clank movie, likely because it won’t be so “family friendly.”
This particular game-to-film scheme could run and run. There’s certainly enough videogame series with well known characters.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014