Hi ho, hi ho, it’s trademarking we go.
With issues over Dynamite’s trademarking of Uncanny last year nicely settled (for now) I thought I’d see what other titles, names or products are being trademarked by comic book publishers right now?
Dynamite have a trademark for Ex-Con, which sounds like something from the Dynamite Crime line.
Earlier in April, Marvel trademarked a stack of subtitles relating to their characters and books – Sentinel Of Liberty, Man Without Fear, Merc With A Mouth, Devourer Of Worlds, Sorceror Supreme, Web Head, Web Slinger and Snikt.
Intriguingly, up until last December, Marvel has a trademark for X-Men, but not Uncanny X-Men. How opportune. And now, fixed, along with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.
Valiant Entertainment have registered The 1%, which could be a spinoff title for Archer And Armstrong maybe?
Then there’s the Adolescent Radioactive Black-Belt Hamsters, which Dynamite have published and have now trademarked… has that relationship grown?
DC Comics registered “Wolf Among Us”, recently revealed as the new Telltale game based on Fables.
And also from a few years ago… did Dynamite really trademark Charlton Comics? Yes they did!
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017