Hi ho, hi ho, it’s trademarking we go.
With issues over Dynamite’s trademarking of Uncanny last year nicely settled (for now) I thought I’d see what other titles, names or products are being trademarked by comic book publishers right now?
Dynamite have a trademark for Ex-Con, which sounds like something from the Dynamite Crime line.
Earlier in April, Marvel trademarked a stack of subtitles relating to their characters and books – Sentinel Of Liberty, Man Without Fear, Merc With A Mouth, Devourer Of Worlds, Sorceror Supreme, Web Head, Web Slinger and Snikt.
Intriguingly, up until last December, Marvel has a trademark for X-Men, but not Uncanny X-Men. How opportune. And now, fixed, along with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.
Valiant Entertainment have registered The 1%, which could be a spinoff title for Archer And Armstrong maybe?
Then there’s the Adolescent Radioactive Black-Belt Hamsters, which Dynamite have published and have now trademarked… has that relationship grown?
DC Comics registered “Wolf Among Us”, recently revealed as the new Telltale game based on Fables.
And also from a few years ago… did Dynamite really trademark Charlton Comics? Yes they did!
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017