Hi ho, hi ho, it’s trademarking we go.
With issues over Dynamite’s trademarking of Uncanny last year nicely settled (for now) I thought I’d see what other titles, names or products are being trademarked by comic book publishers right now?
Dynamite have a trademark for Ex-Con, which sounds like something from the Dynamite Crime line.
Earlier in April, Marvel trademarked a stack of subtitles relating to their characters and books – Sentinel Of Liberty, Man Without Fear, Merc With A Mouth, Devourer Of Worlds, Sorceror Supreme, Web Head, Web Slinger and Snikt.
Intriguingly, up until last December, Marvel has a trademark for X-Men, but not Uncanny X-Men. How opportune. And now, fixed, along with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.
Valiant Entertainment have registered The 1%, which could be a spinoff title for Archer And Armstrong maybe?
Then there’s the Adolescent Radioactive Black-Belt Hamsters, which Dynamite have published and have now trademarked… has that relationship grown?
DC Comics registered “Wolf Among Us”, recently revealed as the new Telltale game based on Fables.
And also from a few years ago… did Dynamite really trademark Charlton Comics? Yes they did!
- Wizard World No Longer Taking Credit Cards For Tables And Booths – Cheques And Cash Only - January 21, 2017
- The Actual Supergirl Warns Donald Trump About Grabbing Her… - January 21, 2017
- John Watkiss, Artist On Sandman, Surgeon X, Ring Of Roses, Dies Aged 55 - January 21, 2017
- No One Give Tom Brevoort A Can Of Red Bull, Okay? - January 21, 2017
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017