Here’s the latest in a very long, ongoing series in which Dan Aykroyd sincerely updates us on the progress of Ghostbusters 3 but we can’t help doubting him.
There could have been many more episodes in this series but I’ve tried to keep it manageable.
This update is particularly worth sharing as Aykroyd has included some basic plot details. Very basic, but still.
Here he is, speaking to ABC News:
I feel re-encouraged, reinvigorated by the pages that I have seen. I know that we’re expecting half of the screenplay to be completed very soon. It should be into production by the fall and be shooting by the new year. I won’t say anything, it’s very exciting. The Higgs boson and the particle theories, gluons and mesons, that really gives us a scientific base in terms of our fictional storytelling, to open up to another dimension and have something horrible come through.
Another giant and slightly surreal monster stomping around in the finale? I do hope not. Something fresh, please.
But I do think Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson and co. are great fun. Here’s hoping they get a script – and a director – worthy of all this effort.
And if Bill Murray shows up? Well, that would certainly be nice… but I’m not holding my breath.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014