Aaron Haaland of A Comic Shop in Orlando writes;
Hey Fandom! This is Image Comics’ week! Independence Day came a few months early!
First we have Jupiter’s Legacy #1 by Kick-Ass’s Mark Millar and All Star Superman’s Frank Quitely! I don’t know why it’s published by Image and not Marvel’s Icon imprint, maybe Quietly doesn’t do Marvel after his New X-Men run. This book was exactly what Millar fans want: sex, drugs, and super powers. The gap between the greatest superhero generation and today’s powered kid’s is huge. Perhaps it’s a metaphor for the reader’s of silver age comics and the current fanbase that eats up Millar’s debauchery. I loved it, but I’ve dug all of his work. East of West #2 is here and it didn’t miss a beat. It’s hard to believe how much story was covered here in just two issues. No one does alt-history/speculative future like Hickman. Then we have more alt-history, but I guess it’s speculative past, with his Manhattan Projects. This is the first issue after last week’s volume 2, so jump on now! And Image’s mystery/suspense/thriller book Morning Glories has both volume 4 and the first issue after that out the same week…AND IT’S JUST $1! I can’t wait to thank Image for all this great out put at c2e2 this weekend!
DC had more requiem with Batman Inc #10, Bruce becomes a Man-Bat! I’m not spoiling anything the WTF cover fold doesn’t let you know. Bruce seems to be really losing it here and in Tomasi’s Batman and Robin book.
Marvel Now put out some of my favorites, but I’m most into Young Avengers. That book has a voice, it’s the book Teen Titans wishes it was! A Teen Titan wouldn’t be allowed to sit at the Young Avenger’s lunch table!
- X-Men Blue And Gold Enjoy Time And Relative Dimensions In Space For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Being Spider-Man And Holding A Pig At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- Alex Ross’s Design For The Post-Secret Empire Marvel Legacy Falcon - July 25, 2017
- The Inhuman Royals Return To Earth In 2018 For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Riverdale Goes Darker For Season 2 – A Report From San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017