He then went on to take command of that publisher, L’École des loisirs, while at the same time hiring a certain number of experienced comic publishing veterans to help the operation.
Now his family publisher has announced its own comics publishing imprint, Rue de Sèvres, and done so with the creator of the massively best-selling Titeuf, Zep.
Zep’s new book is titled Une Histoire d’hommes, or A History of Men and is scheduled for September.
Rue de Sèvres will publish four graphic novels this year, fifteen to twenty next year, and plans to increase that to fifty a year.
It is being set with a limited print run of one hundred thousand – which is limited compared to the creator’s usual sales – and a rush to buy copies will be expected.
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017