What happened to previous contender James McAvoy isn’t entirely clear, but the producers of the new Crow movie are currently in negotiations with Tom Hiddleston. If the deal comes off, he’d be the fourth actor to take up the mantle of the resurrected avenger, created as a comic book character by James O’Barr and previously played by Brandon Lee, Vincent Perez, Eric Mabius and Edward Furlong.
According to The Wrap, Hiddleston sent producers some pics of himself in panstick, but will have a full, ‘proper’ make-up test in the coming days. I doubt this could go wrong. Not if they can tame that hair.
I would like to think Hiddleston’s interest in the part means that the script is at least serviceable. He has so far, at least by and large, selected a higher calibre of role.
If all goes to plan, production could start in the autumn with F. Javier Guttierez directing. This would be only his second film, after 2008’s apocalypse thriller Before the Fall – a film that’s been somewhat underplayed, I’d say. You can always grab a copy from Amazon if you want to check it out, though. Here’s its American trailer.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014