So there was no Boston Comic Con. But there were other events to take its place, in some small way. Such as the Not-The-Boston-Comic-Con at in-the-same-state store Comicazi.
The event wound up being even better than advertised, as Nick Bradshaw and Ale Garza appeared for a couple hours before heading out to another event in Beverly, but were replaced by Bill Willingham. New local writer Maxwell Pappas also set up with his new indie comic, Red Menace and the GWF. Nearly every creator was sketching for free and they seemed quite happy to be making the best of a bad situation and help the area return to normal after an insane week.
Special thanks to Comicazi for throwing this together and doing a spectacular job running it. They basically queued everyone up in the front part of the store and let people into the back and outside area as people left. This kept lines down for each creator in the limited space, and you only wanted one creator who was free, you got to hop ahead. It worked out really well.
- You’ll Believe Avengers Can Retcon – Avengers #676 and Champions #16 Spoilers - January 17, 2018
- “The Answers They Seek Lie Only With Her” – Shout Sheet for Agents Of SHIELD’s The Last Day - January 17, 2018
- Batman #39, Action Comics #761 And The Temptations Of Wonder Woman (SPOILERS) - January 17, 2018
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018