So there was no Boston Comic Con. But there were other events to take its place, in some small way. Such as the Not-The-Boston-Comic-Con at in-the-same-state store Comicazi.
The event wound up being even better than advertised, as Nick Bradshaw and Ale Garza appeared for a couple hours before heading out to another event in Beverly, but were replaced by Bill Willingham. New local writer Maxwell Pappas also set up with his new indie comic, Red Menace and the GWF. Nearly every creator was sketching for free and they seemed quite happy to be making the best of a bad situation and help the area return to normal after an insane week.
Special thanks to Comicazi for throwing this together and doing a spectacular job running it. They basically queued everyone up in the front part of the store and let people into the back and outside area as people left. This kept lines down for each creator in the limited space, and you only wanted one creator who was free, you got to hop ahead. It worked out really well.
- The Ten Biggest Toy And Statue Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017
- Crunchyroll Panel At San Diego Comic-Con Launches Their Own Show – Crunchyroll Expo - July 24, 2017
- The Top Twenty Highest Sales Of Signed Cast Posters From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017