So there was no Boston Comic Con. But there were other events to take its place, in some small way. Such as the Not-The-Boston-Comic-Con at in-the-same-state store Comicazi.
The event wound up being even better than advertised, as Nick Bradshaw and Ale Garza appeared for a couple hours before heading out to another event in Beverly, but were replaced by Bill Willingham. New local writer Maxwell Pappas also set up with his new indie comic, Red Menace and the GWF. Nearly every creator was sketching for free and they seemed quite happy to be making the best of a bad situation and help the area return to normal after an insane week.
Special thanks to Comicazi for throwing this together and doing a spectacular job running it. They basically queued everyone up in the front part of the store and let people into the back and outside area as people left. This kept lines down for each creator in the limited space, and you only wanted one creator who was free, you got to hop ahead. It worked out really well.
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017
- The Winners Of Diamond’s Retailer Best Practice Awards Spring 2017, Announced At Chicago - April 24, 2017