Jessy Williams writes for Bleeding Cool.
Today, the Cannes Film Festival revealed it will be playing host to Nicolas Winding Refn’s Only God Forgives and, boy, I can’t wait to hear the reactions.
Thanks to IndieWire, we have two brand new trailers for you to have a gander at. Refn’s visual style oozes out of every square inch of them both, with bright reds, explosive blues and stunning yellows flooding from the screen.
Just like in Drive, Ryan Gosling doesn’t appear to say much but his actions speak louder than any words can. The story centres on Julien, played by Gosling, as his macho-mum, played by Kristin Scott Thomas, demands that he finds and kills whoever is responsible for the death of his brother.
Julien doesn’t really seem to be given much choice and, I wouldn’t contemplate arguing with his mum either.
With violence a-plenty and an entirely hypnotising soundtrack, Only God Forgives should be on everybody’s watch list. If you aren’t lucky enough to be off to Cannes, you can catch the film when it is released on July 19th.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015