Illinois is no stranger to regular lightning storms and occasional extreme weather. Early this morning, a bolt of lightning struck the Avatar home office causing the destruction of some equipment, loss of phone and internet connectivity, and a significant disruption in workflow. There were no injuries and the team at the location are working to get everything back up and running.
Creators, associates, and partners should expect a delay in communication while resources are being rebuilt. Infrastructure and hard-line damage have yet to be assessed by local power crews, making it impossible to estimate a timetable for resolution. The Avatar team appreciates the concern and patience of everyone during the reconstruction.
Avatar Press has often been billed as a “lightning rod” when it comes to controversial publishing, but today that reputation turned out to be a little too literal for everyone’s tastes.
[Rich adds “do you think God just got round to reading Chronicles Of Wormwood?” And you know, the Avatar logo does seem to be tempting fate rather…]
- Gabriel Andrade Illustrates Essential Unseen Uber #1/2 Chapter in Bleeding Cool Magazine - October 23, 2013
- Max Brooks, George RR Martin, and Christos Gage San Diego Signing Schedule - July 16, 2013
- Get Covered By Bleeding Cool Magazine At San Diego - July 10, 2013
- Talking To Max Brooks About Extinction Parade - April 24, 2013
- Avatar Press HQ Hit By Lightning - April 17, 2013