Every morning, Amazon puts out big discounts on four Kindle books.
Today, for the first time, one of those was a comic, the collection of the Claremont/Miller Wolverine mini-series from the eighties that the summer’s The Wolverine movie is meant to be based on.
Now all four issues are on Kindle for $1.99, but only for US Kindle accounts.
So now, in an unannounced sale, ComiXology has price matched for all territories, leaving them selling each individual issue for the same price as the collection…
Could this be the beginnings of new Digital Comic Wars, or a mere minor skirmish?
UPDATE: Although not all readers are equal…
@bleedingcool Also, I’ve discovered that you cannot rotate the 2-page spreads in the Kindle edition of Wolverine…
— Dave Carter (@davereadscomics) April 16, 2013
FURTHER UPDATE: ComiXology have put the Wolverine collection price back up again, on this side of the pond at least. Sorry if you missed it…
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018