Marc Webb and company promised us a new look for Electro in the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man sequel and they certainly seem to be delivering. Jamie Foxx was photographed on location in Times Square yesterday and it became immediately clear – he’s been fully recharged.
The new design seems to include bulging veins and discoloured eyes alongside the new, Na’vish skintone.
And as for his clothing here, we’re looking at a very practical, inconspicuous jeans and hoodie combo. These look like the kind of things Max Dillon might wear while at work as a spark, in his pre-Electro life. Perhaps that indicates this scene comes relatively early in his story. Or perhaps he’s in disguise.
Jamie Foxx previously described Electro’s look, saying:
It won’t be green and yellow. It will be a different color. They want something for the future. They want to have it more grounded and not as comic book-y, so it won’t be green and yellow. They want to try new things, like a liquid rubber and things like that, and there are all these bolts and stuff in my arms when they are hanging me upside down and trying to figure out what [happened]. How did he become this way?
Expect a lot of references to Frankenstein’s monster in the Blu-ray special features. That influence is looking pretty obvious to me now.
Thanks to The Daily Mail for the images.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014