This weekend, the Boston Comic Con is scheduled to go ahead at Hynes Convention Center.
As the news is reporting, with US network TV making way for live reports, there were explosions just over an hour ago at the end of the Boston marathon, mere blocks away from the Convention Center.
The surrounding area has gone into shut down as the injured have been taken to nearby hospitals. Local blogger and comic fan Dart Adams has been tweeting from his nearby place of work, as to the latest as he can see it.
Currently Boston Comic Con has gone from tweeting links about the show to blood donation, local news, airport information and travel.
It is possible that the Boston Comic Con will not be going ahead, at least not in its current form, or may be heavily affected, and people have already begun to express concern about attending. You are advised to keep an eye on their twitter feed for the latest situation.
Our thoughts are with those injured by the explosions, friends and family. Those looking to reach family are encouraged to call 617 635 4500. For those with possible information about the blasts, you are encouraged to call 1 800 494 TIPS.
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017
- Final Part Of Watchmen Crossover “The Button” In Flash #23, Is Running Late… - April 27, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish New Black And White Spawn Cover Variants As Well! - April 27, 2017
- Tom Holland, The New Spider-Man, Films Video For Free Comic Book Day To Promote Marvel’s Secret Empire - April 27, 2017