This weekend, the Boston Comic Con is scheduled to go ahead at Hynes Convention Center.
As the news is reporting, with US network TV making way for live reports, there were explosions just over an hour ago at the end of the Boston marathon, mere blocks away from the Convention Center.
The surrounding area has gone into shut down as the injured have been taken to nearby hospitals. Local blogger and comic fan Dart Adams has been tweeting from his nearby place of work, as to the latest as he can see it.
Currently Boston Comic Con has gone from tweeting links about the show to blood donation, local news, airport information and travel.
It is possible that the Boston Comic Con will not be going ahead, at least not in its current form, or may be heavily affected, and people have already begun to express concern about attending. You are advised to keep an eye on their twitter feed for the latest situation.
Our thoughts are with those injured by the explosions, friends and family. Those looking to reach family are encouraged to call 617 635 4500. For those with possible information about the blasts, you are encouraged to call 1 800 494 TIPS.
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018
- Northguard Season 2 #1 and #2 Both Published Tomorrow – Here’s a Preview of Both - January 23, 2018