This weekend, the Boston Comic Con is scheduled to go ahead at Hynes Convention Center.
As the news is reporting, with US network TV making way for live reports, there were explosions just over an hour ago at the end of the Boston marathon, mere blocks away from the Convention Center.
The surrounding area has gone into shut down as the injured have been taken to nearby hospitals. Local blogger and comic fan Dart Adams has been tweeting from his nearby place of work, as to the latest as he can see it.
Currently Boston Comic Con has gone from tweeting links about the show to blood donation, local news, airport information and travel.
It is possible that the Boston Comic Con will not be going ahead, at least not in its current form, or may be heavily affected, and people have already begun to express concern about attending. You are advised to keep an eye on their twitter feed for the latest situation.
Our thoughts are with those injured by the explosions, friends and family. Those looking to reach family are encouraged to call 617 635 4500. For those with possible information about the blasts, you are encouraged to call 1 800 494 TIPS.
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017