A few weeks ago, I noted that Bioshock Infinite (currently thrilling players with RACISM!) was advertising on the backs of all Marvel and DC comics simultaneously, a rarity.
It spread.The Bonfire Agency saw back covers of Boom!, Aspen, Dynamite, Zenoscope, Top Cow, Skybound and IDW titles also get a little Bioshock action, as part of their ComicsUnites print advertising network, which we covered quite a while back.
Well, the latest Bonfire Agency trick has been to sign up DK Publishing and TNT’s Falling Skies to sponsor this year’s Free Comic Book Day, as well as signing LEGO DC Universe Super Heroes up as a partner.
Expect to see ads for these products in some of the FCBD titles, and a preview of The Yoda Chronicles, as a way of helping subsidise the cost of producing and distributing millions of free comic books. And LEGO prizes for costume contest. The kid friendly ones, that is…
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017
- “When Their Sales Go Down, They Will Abandon You” – Run DMC’s Darryl McDaniels On Comic Book Publishing - April 26, 2017
- Venom #150, The First Of The Marvel Legacy Comics – And It Shows - April 26, 2017