A few weeks ago, I noted that Bioshock Infinite (currently thrilling players with RACISM!) was advertising on the backs of all Marvel and DC comics simultaneously, a rarity.
It spread.The Bonfire Agency saw back covers of Boom!, Aspen, Dynamite, Zenoscope, Top Cow, Skybound and IDW titles also get a little Bioshock action, as part of their ComicsUnites print advertising network, which we covered quite a while back.
Well, the latest Bonfire Agency trick has been to sign up DK Publishing and TNT’s Falling Skies to sponsor this year’s Free Comic Book Day, as well as signing LEGO DC Universe Super Heroes up as a partner.
Expect to see ads for these products in some of the FCBD titles, and a preview of The Yoda Chronicles, as a way of helping subsidise the cost of producing and distributing millions of free comic books. And LEGO prizes for costume contest. The kid friendly ones, that is…
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017