The headline reads ‘Keanu Reeves’ Man of Tai Chi,’ not ‘Keanu Reeves, Man of Tai Chi.’ Just to be clear.
Courtesy of Sina, here are our first stills, a poster and a behind the scenes shot from the making of Reeves’ directorial debut, Man of Tai Chi. Reeves appears in the film, apparently as the antagonist, while Tiger Hu Chen plays the lead. The real star, though, could be the action choreography by Yuen Woo Ping.
Either my eyes are going or everybody is looking a little bit Gigolo Joe in those stills.
As we saw in a previous video demo, Reeves was planning to use a fairly complex motion controlled crane system to shoot action scenes for the film but it proved hard for him to get the kit to China. He told MTV:
All sorts of practical consideration ran into the vision and the dream [but] it certainly influenced the way that we went forward in terms of shooting some of the fight scenes in terms of the organicness and movement of how we shot some of the fight scenes.
Man of Tai Chi will apparently be released in the East this Summer and at some point in 2013 in the West.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014