Watson And Holmes, the digital comic that racebends Sherlock Holmes into modern day Harlem, is solicited in print by New Paradigm Studios for July.
That is, if it makes its Kickstarter total. And therein lies the dilemma… getting a print copy through Kickstarter will cost $20, but will be signed with an exclusive cover by Walt Simonson. The Diamond distributed versions will only cost you $3. But without all the gubbins…
Of course, if you go for the Diamond version… it might not actually make enough money to be published. (UPDATE: Yes it will, the Kickstarter is for future issues to be produced)
You pays your money, you makes your choice….
WATSON AND HOLMES #1
NEW PARADIGM STUDIOS, CO.
(W) Karl Bollers (A) Rick Leonardi (CA) Rick Leonardi, Ryan Wardlow
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are re-envisioned as African-Americans living in present-day Harlem. Watson, an Afghan war vet, works in an inner-city clinic; Holmes, a local P.I., takes unusual cases. When a case ends up in Watson’s ER, the unlikely duo partner up to find a missing girl and fall into a labyrinth of drugs, guns, gangs and a “M”urderous conspiracy.
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017