Watson And Holmes, the digital comic that racebends Sherlock Holmes into modern day Harlem, is solicited in print by New Paradigm Studios for July.
That is, if it makes its Kickstarter total. And therein lies the dilemma… getting a print copy through Kickstarter will cost $20, but will be signed with an exclusive cover by Walt Simonson. The Diamond distributed versions will only cost you $3. But without all the gubbins…
Of course, if you go for the Diamond version… it might not actually make enough money to be published. (UPDATE: Yes it will, the Kickstarter is for future issues to be produced)
You pays your money, you makes your choice….
WATSON AND HOLMES #1
NEW PARADIGM STUDIOS, CO.
(W) Karl Bollers (A) Rick Leonardi (CA) Rick Leonardi, Ryan Wardlow
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are re-envisioned as African-Americans living in present-day Harlem. Watson, an Afghan war vet, works in an inner-city clinic; Holmes, a local P.I., takes unusual cases. When a case ends up in Watson’s ER, the unlikely duo partner up to find a missing girl and fall into a labyrinth of drugs, guns, gangs and a “M”urderous conspiracy.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017