Watson And Holmes, the digital comic that racebends Sherlock Holmes into modern day Harlem, is solicited in print by New Paradigm Studios for July.
That is, if it makes its Kickstarter total. And therein lies the dilemma… getting a print copy through Kickstarter will cost $20, but will be signed with an exclusive cover by Walt Simonson. The Diamond distributed versions will only cost you $3. But without all the gubbins…
Of course, if you go for the Diamond version… it might not actually make enough money to be published. (UPDATE: Yes it will, the Kickstarter is for future issues to be produced)
You pays your money, you makes your choice….
WATSON AND HOLMES #1
NEW PARADIGM STUDIOS, CO.
(W) Karl Bollers (A) Rick Leonardi (CA) Rick Leonardi, Ryan Wardlow
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are re-envisioned as African-Americans living in present-day Harlem. Watson, an Afghan war vet, works in an inner-city clinic; Holmes, a local P.I., takes unusual cases. When a case ends up in Watson’s ER, the unlikely duo partner up to find a missing girl and fall into a labyrinth of drugs, guns, gangs and a “M”urderous conspiracy.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018