During the development of A Good Day To Die Hard, Eric Jacobus was recruited to choreograph a rather brutal knife fight between John McClane and Alik, the film’s first chief baddie and apparently something of a Krav Maga master.
The scene didn’t make it all the way to the set, let alone the finished cut, but Jacobus did stage it, shoot it and edit it as a kind of test of concept, pre-viz reel.
Here’s that video – and, to be frank, it’s a much better action scene than anything actually in the film.
That was Jacobus playing McClane. He certainly had the vest for it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014