Oz is all around us. Or at least, recently at the cinema. Why? Because it’s out of copyright, in the public domain, and no one seems to have landed a successful trademark on those two letters.
One is based on the sixth of Frank Bauym’s Oz books. One is… not.
See if you can guess which solicitation and covers are which. Shouldn’t be hard.
EMERALD CITY OF OZ #1 (OF 6) YOUNG VAR
(W) Eric Shanower (A/CA) Skottie Young
THE EISNER AWARD-WINNING CREATIVE TEAM OF SKOTTIE YOUNG (WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ, NEW WARRIORS) & ERIC SHANOWER (WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ) BRING THE BEST OZ SERIES YET!
• In Kansas Uncle Henry can’t pay the mortgage, so Aunt Em, Dorothy, and he must leave their home.
• Where can they go? To the Land of Oz, of course!
• Will anyone in Oz survive after the Nomes attack through a secret underground tunnel?
GFT OZ #1 (OF 6) E CVR GARZA
(W) Joe Brusha (A) Rolando Neto (CA) Alé Garza
AT LONG LAST, THE FINAL REALM OF POWER IN THE GRIMM FAIRY TALES UNIVERSE IS R EVEALED… AND THERE’S NEVER BEEN AN OZ QUITE LIKE THIS! This modern take on the story re-imagines the classic tale in the signature Zenescope style. The Witches of OZ are searching for a lost weapon of power known as the Veridian Scepter. Their quest leads them to the most unlikely of places…the farmlands of Kansas and the home of the unlikeliest of heroes… Dorothy Gale. Incredible cover art by superstars J. Scott Campbell, Artgerm, Eric Basaldua, and Ale Garza! The epic Oz adventure starts here!
- 30 DC Comics Covers For December From Frank Cho, Jenny Frison, JG Jones, Jim Lee And More - November 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Cover For Kamandi Challenge #12 - November 22, 2017
- Changes To Batman #38: Tom King And Travis Moore To Tell The Origin Of Bruce Wayne - November 22, 2017
- New Darkness, Cyber Force, Aphrodite V To Join New Witchblade In 2018 - November 22, 2017
- Black Friday Comic Store Deals For 2017: Part One - November 22, 2017