Oz is all around us. Or at least, recently at the cinema. Why? Because it’s out of copyright, in the public domain, and no one seems to have landed a successful trademark on those two letters.
One is based on the sixth of Frank Bauym’s Oz books. One is… not.
See if you can guess which solicitation and covers are which. Shouldn’t be hard.
EMERALD CITY OF OZ #1 (OF 6) YOUNG VAR
(W) Eric Shanower (A/CA) Skottie Young
THE EISNER AWARD-WINNING CREATIVE TEAM OF SKOTTIE YOUNG (WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ, NEW WARRIORS) & ERIC SHANOWER (WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ) BRING THE BEST OZ SERIES YET!
• In Kansas Uncle Henry can’t pay the mortgage, so Aunt Em, Dorothy, and he must leave their home.
• Where can they go? To the Land of Oz, of course!
• Will anyone in Oz survive after the Nomes attack through a secret underground tunnel?
GFT OZ #1 (OF 6) E CVR GARZA
(W) Joe Brusha (A) Rolando Neto (CA) Alé Garza
AT LONG LAST, THE FINAL REALM OF POWER IN THE GRIMM FAIRY TALES UNIVERSE IS R EVEALED… AND THERE’S NEVER BEEN AN OZ QUITE LIKE THIS! This modern take on the story re-imagines the classic tale in the signature Zenescope style. The Witches of OZ are searching for a lost weapon of power known as the Veridian Scepter. Their quest leads them to the most unlikely of places…the farmlands of Kansas and the home of the unlikeliest of heroes… Dorothy Gale. Incredible cover art by superstars J. Scott Campbell, Artgerm, Eric Basaldua, and Ale Garza! The epic Oz adventure starts here!
- Jason Aaron and Sara Pichelli’s Avengers for Free Comic Book Day 2018 - February 21, 2018
- All the Image Expo 2018 Announcements and All the Art in One Place - February 21, 2018
- Sam and Twitch Get a New Comic, True Detectives, at #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018
- Confirmed: Image Comics Will Publish All the Millarworld Netflix Comics Too - February 21, 2018
- Gerry Duggan and John McCrea’s Dead Rabbit from #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018