While speaking to Radio One’s Newsbeat, Halle Berry has surmised that her pregnancy will impact on X-Men: Days of Future Past. The quote has spread pretty quickly across the blogosphere.
Storm probably won’t be as badass as she was going to be because we won’t be able to do any fighting or flying or things like that. She’ll be different than we originally planned her to be but I still think she’ll be an integral part of this new X-Men movie.
That ignores, of course, the benefits that come with special effects, not to mention stunt doubles.
Just film Ms. Berry standing in front of a bit green wall with the fans turned on and… voila! You’ll believe a pregnant woman can fly… and not be pregnant…. and have white hair… and white eyes…. and electricity crackling all over her body.
And all those other things that aren’t literally true about Halle Berry herself.
But it’s all part of the mythmaking, I suppose. The promise that the stars actually have something to do with the actions we see on screen.
I know that they often do, trussed up in their harnesses, but I know that they just as often don’t.
I can’t imagine that Bryan Singer will always shoot around the bump either – not when he can just paint it out. Gary Sinise’s legs never got in the way of Robert Zemeckis’ original plans for Captain Dan, now, did they?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014