You may remember an earlier Bleeding Cool story about Wolverine travelling in time, and getting his healing factor damaged as a result. Well, readers of Age Of Ultron this week will have seen one of those shoes dropping. It was to the events described in the most recent issue that we were referring to…
Wolverine will also be time travelling, it seems, in next year’s X-Men: Days Of Future Past movie.
Age Of Ultron is written by Brian Bendis, who is also writing All New X-Men in which characters written in 1963 travel to 2013. 2013 was the year that the original Days Of Future Past storyline was set in, when published in 1983.
There’s time travel all around Bendis at the moment. Unlike the Mark Gruenwald Marvel rules of old, it seems that such action can now affect the current continuity rather than being shunted off into a parallel universe.
INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #11
Spinning out of the events of Age of Ultron!
Hulk’s sent on his most dangerous mission yet, working for a secret subdivision of S.H.I.E.L.D.!
History’s breaking–and only the Hulk is strong enough to hold it together!
Time travel. There’s a lot of it about.
There clearly needs to be some kind of Big Red Reset Button to be pressed in Age Of Ultron, but the effects may be felt all over the place. Wolverine’s health, the nature of reality, dimensions breaking (and yes Avengers and New Avengers, I’m looking at you) and… something coming through.
We’re going to have an entertaining summer…
Marvel did not reply to emails sent about this last night.
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017
- Second Printings For Generation Gone, Generations: Hulks, Snotgirl, Shirtless Bear Fighter, And Edge Of Venomverse - July 27, 2017
- Mark Buckingham And Steve Rude Replace Nick Bradshaw And Klaus Janson On ‘Manhunter Vs Sandman’ - July 27, 2017
- What Else Can You Find In That Marvel Book Previews Catalogue For Early 2018? - July 27, 2017
- A Few DC Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen For August, From Cho To Portacio To Albuquerque - July 27, 2017