Matt Reeves’ Rise sequel, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, is finally in production.
Below are the first on-set images of Andy Serkis and movement guru Terry Notary in their dotty leotards, alongside Keri Russell, Jason Clark and other humans playing humans.
Serkis is reprising the role of Caesar, and I assume that Notary will be playing Rocket again. At the end of the last film they were thick as thieves, but it’s expected that this new picture will see discord in the house of monkeys. I think we’re headed towards something of an “Et tu, Brute?” moment.
I can’t identify all of the actors here, but The Daily Mail have helpfully pointed out Kirk Acevedo at least. If you can tag anymore it’d certainly be helpful.
Now, what would have been really interesting is if the paparazzi just didn’t take these pictures but paid attention and reported back: do these apes talk?
I think they will, and I think it’s only a matter of time before a set spy can confirm it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014