The 300 sidequel Rise of an Empire was, for a while, going to be subtitled The Battle of Artemisia, named for one of its lead characters.
And here she is, as played by Eva Green. Looks like even Artemisia wears the standard issue Eva Green eyeshadow.
Thanks to Popculturology for pulling that from EW. I guess there’s a feature on the film in their current issue.
The first film kept a pretty clear divide between the male and female roles, certainly in terms of who got involved in the brawling. Here, Artemisia is a commander in Xerxes army. I wonder what the filmmakers will do with this?
I don’t know if Rise of an Empire will try to tackle the same ideas as the first 300, but I bet you anything it’ll be every bit as eroticised.
The US release is set for August. I’m sure a trailer will be along soon.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014