Juan Jose Ryp was quite busy this week, not only supplying a wraparound cover for Deathstroke but one for Constantine as well. Of the two covers, I found myself enjoying this one more because I thought it highlighted Ryp’s attention to detail a lot better in the chains and gravel. Slade, this here is the reason why you get your kids more than two controllers for the XBOX; otherwise you’ll be feeling their wrath later. Great cover, and I think only Ryp should be allowed to illustrate these wraparounds.
Speaking of dysfunctional families, here we have a beautiful father/daughter portrait by Alex Ross. I love the way the red color of the lightsaber reflects off the fog, giving the entire cover that reddish hue. The way Darth Vader towers over Leia is menacing, and yet the Princess doesn’t look phased. Those Skywalkers sure are badasses!
This is my favorite cover of the week, hands down. Marvel has a knack for creating cool throwaway t-shirts in their comics, only to have the actual shirt produced later down the line (i.e. Daredevil’s “I’m Not Daredevil!” t-shirt). I can totally see myself and others wearing this t-shirt, for Fraction and Aja have been kicking serious amounts of ass with this series since issue one. The use of red in the logo, lips, heart and sunglasses is an awesome touch with the black and white motif, creating such an aesthetically pleasing look. Let us start petitioning for this t-shirt design to become a reality! It’ll be a One Million Hawkeye Groupie March on Marvel!
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017