While there’s apparently no director to steer the process, development work on Warner Bros. nascent Justice League movie continues to grind on. Quite what’s being produced over there isn’t really clear, but CHUD seem to believe that there’s concept art being generated at the very least.
And also that, in this concept art, The Flash is being drawn in the likeness of Sons of Anarchy and Pacific Rim’s Charlie Hunnam.
This might simply be happening because the concept artist is a fan of Hunnam. Or perhaps he’s just to the taste of a producer or an executive on the project.
Or it might be because the studio actively wants him in the role. They might even have negotiated with him – it’s not impossible.
We’ve seen this a lot of times before. Very recently concept art of a Billy Crudup Hulk starting doing the rounds, created back when the actor was attached to play Banner for an aborted ’97 picture. And I doubt I’ll ever be able to un-see the concept sketches of Bradley Cooper as The Crow.
So I expect there’s a good chance that Hunnam is somehow, or has somehow been, discussed as a candidate for The Flash. Perhaps the studio intend to use this art to get Hunnam on board.
So now all they need to do is get him to agree. And then make the film.
There’s a pretty sharp incline in that difficulty curve, I think.
There’s one unfortunate downside to all of this, mind. It would seem to rule out Hunnam as a candidate for John Constantine in Guillermo Del Toro’s own DC comics movie.
I’d rather he play Constantine than The Flash, I think…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014