Ron Howard started his directorial career with 1977’s Grand Theft Auto, a smash ’em up caper from the Roger Corman school. A lot has changed in the interrim, but Howard’s going back to the fast cars and the 70s again now, just in more of an Oscar-friendly fashion.
Below are two trailers for Rush, an account of the rivalry between Formula 1 racers James Hunt and Nicki Lauda. They’re played here by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl, and Olivia Wilde also has a pretty sizeable role as Hunt’s girlfriend, Suzy Miller.
You won’t see Russell Crowe in these promos though. I wonder if he did film his cameo as Richard Burton in the end? Howard was said to want him for it.
That was the US edit then the UK one.
So… yeah, I hate the look of that. The faux-period desaturation and smeariness just looks like a superficial stab at “seventiesness.” Maybe it will look nicer when it’s being projected.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014