Chris Thompson writes;
This week Taylor and I contemplate our mortality as we reach ‘middle-age’ with Episode 35. Instead we choose to focus on exciting new comics like Curt Pires, Dalton Rose & Ryan Ferrier’s Theremin #1 from Monkeybrain Comics; and Robbi Rodriguez’s great acid western, Frankie Get Your Gun.
We also chat with cartoonist Bob Fingerman about his magnum opus, Maximum Minimum Wage from Image Comics. Is this his final word on Rob & Sylvia or is the best yet to come? Bob & I also look at what brought him to this point, why George Lucas’ tinkering with Star Wars could (potentially) be forgiven, how writing comics differs from prose, and coin the phrase ‘a pod of Leias’. It’s a rare glimpse into the creative process and the constant struggle for perfection.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email email@example.com. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018