Chris Thompson writes;
This week Taylor and I contemplate our mortality as we reach ‘middle-age’ with Episode 35. Instead we choose to focus on exciting new comics like Curt Pires, Dalton Rose & Ryan Ferrier’s Theremin #1 from Monkeybrain Comics; and Robbi Rodriguez’s great acid western, Frankie Get Your Gun.
We also chat with cartoonist Bob Fingerman about his magnum opus, Maximum Minimum Wage from Image Comics. Is this his final word on Rob & Sylvia or is the best yet to come? Bob & I also look at what brought him to this point, why George Lucas’ tinkering with Star Wars could (potentially) be forgiven, how writing comics differs from prose, and coin the phrase ‘a pod of Leias’. It’s a rare glimpse into the creative process and the constant struggle for perfection.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email email@example.com. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
- A Few DC Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen For August, From Cho To Portacio To Albuquerque - July 27, 2017
- Riccardo Federici Draws The Evil Batmen Of Metal For DC Comics Promotional Items - July 27, 2017
- Harley Quinn Homages The Dark Knight Returns For Batman Day Takeover - July 27, 2017
- DC Comics Cancels Suicide Squad: The Black Files — For Now - July 27, 2017
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017