Chris Thompson writes;
This week Taylor and I contemplate our mortality as we reach ‘middle-age’ with Episode 35. Instead we choose to focus on exciting new comics like Curt Pires, Dalton Rose & Ryan Ferrier’s Theremin #1 from Monkeybrain Comics; and Robbi Rodriguez’s great acid western, Frankie Get Your Gun.
We also chat with cartoonist Bob Fingerman about his magnum opus, Maximum Minimum Wage from Image Comics. Is this his final word on Rob & Sylvia or is the best yet to come? Bob & I also look at what brought him to this point, why George Lucas’ tinkering with Star Wars could (potentially) be forgiven, how writing comics differs from prose, and coin the phrase ‘a pod of Leias’. It’s a rare glimpse into the creative process and the constant struggle for perfection.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018