Chris Thompson writes;
This week Taylor and I contemplate our mortality as we reach ‘middle-age’ with Episode 35. Instead we choose to focus on exciting new comics like Curt Pires, Dalton Rose & Ryan Ferrier’s Theremin #1 from Monkeybrain Comics; and Robbi Rodriguez’s great acid western, Frankie Get Your Gun.
We also chat with cartoonist Bob Fingerman about his magnum opus, Maximum Minimum Wage from Image Comics. Is this his final word on Rob & Sylvia or is the best yet to come? Bob & I also look at what brought him to this point, why George Lucas’ tinkering with Star Wars could (potentially) be forgiven, how writing comics differs from prose, and coin the phrase ‘a pod of Leias’. It’s a rare glimpse into the creative process and the constant struggle for perfection.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
- On Monday, Bleeding Cool Rewrites Comic Book History #MarvelDeclassified - July 19, 2018
- TV Guide’s Covers For San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Neil Gaiman/Mark Buckingham Miracleman Announcement at Cup O’ Joe on Friday? - July 19, 2018
- Liam Sharp to Let Cat Out of The Bag Today at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Lying In The San Diego Gutters – 27 Articles From Comic-Con Wednesday - July 19, 2018