Maggie Carey‘s The To Do List, formerly The Hand Job, is quite clearly a sex comedy. We don’t get too many of those, and most of them are quite lacking – I suppose The 40 Year Old Virgin was the last stand-out example, though do jog my memory if I’ve forgotten something that came in the interim.
hunh hunh he said came in the interim, etc.
I should think there’s a lot of box office appeal to a sex comedy starring Aubrey Plaza, too. Not only is she quite the hipster’s pin-up, she can do a tone that will undercut any sense of awkward sleaziness. If I had to make a film about a young woman trying to complete a whole list of sex acts, she’d be the casting I’d trust above all else right now, I think.
Now. I guess I’d describe this following clip as “frank.”
I bet you anything this film leads to a measurable spike in sales of Pineapple juice. In fact, I bet it’s already led to a spike in people’s Google behaviours.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014