Saga #12 is a comic about war and peace, about authorial intent and how it can find portrayal in the most commecially crass form, of fathers and sons, or belief and of personal duty to defend that balief.
Oh and it also portrays a television image of someone delivering a blow job, and receiving a bit of a bukkake.
Is it any surprise that the author portrayed in the comic reminds me of Warren Ellis?
Bald with a beard…
A taste for whisky and a familiar attitude to commercial work…
And a certain turn of phrase.
Oh it’s probably a composite of all manner of authors, there’s no doubt some William Gibson, Hunter Thompson, John Updike, Alan Moore in there.
But when I’m reading Saga #12, The Author speaks with a Billy Bragg twang.
Saga #12 by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples is published by Image Comics today.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018