Saga #12 is a comic about war and peace, about authorial intent and how it can find portrayal in the most commecially crass form, of fathers and sons, or belief and of personal duty to defend that balief.
Oh and it also portrays a television image of someone delivering a blow job, and receiving a bit of a bukkake.
Is it any surprise that the author portrayed in the comic reminds me of Warren Ellis?
Bald with a beard…
A taste for whisky and a familiar attitude to commercial work…
And a certain turn of phrase.
Oh it’s probably a composite of all manner of authors, there’s no doubt some William Gibson, Hunter Thompson, John Updike, Alan Moore in there.
But when I’m reading Saga #12, The Author speaks with a Billy Bragg twang.
Saga #12 by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples is published by Image Comics today.
- Will Rosada Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017
- Jim Lee And Tula Lotay’s Take On Warren Ellis And Jon Davis-Hunt’s The Wild Storm - January 20, 2017
- When Dark Knight Fan President Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech - January 20, 2017