Saga #12 is a comic about war and peace, about authorial intent and how it can find portrayal in the most commecially crass form, of fathers and sons, or belief and of personal duty to defend that balief.
Oh and it also portrays a television image of someone delivering a blow job, and receiving a bit of a bukkake.
Is it any surprise that the author portrayed in the comic reminds me of Warren Ellis?
Bald with a beard…
A taste for whisky and a familiar attitude to commercial work…
And a certain turn of phrase.
Oh it’s probably a composite of all manner of authors, there’s no doubt some William Gibson, Hunter Thompson, John Updike, Alan Moore in there.
But when I’m reading Saga #12, The Author speaks with a Billy Bragg twang.
Saga #12 by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples is published by Image Comics today.
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017