Saga #12 is a comic about war and peace, about authorial intent and how it can find portrayal in the most commecially crass form, of fathers and sons, or belief and of personal duty to defend that balief.
Oh and it also portrays a television image of someone delivering a blow job, and receiving a bit of a bukkake.
Is it any surprise that the author portrayed in the comic reminds me of Warren Ellis?
Bald with a beard…
A taste for whisky and a familiar attitude to commercial work…
And a certain turn of phrase.
Oh it’s probably a composite of all manner of authors, there’s no doubt some William Gibson, Hunter Thompson, John Updike, Alan Moore in there.
But when I’m reading Saga #12, The Author speaks with a Billy Bragg twang.
Saga #12 by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples is published by Image Comics today.
- Marvel Comics To Send Out Replacement Copies Of Darth Maul #5 - July 21, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes – From X-Men Blue To Batwoman - July 21, 2017
- The Cosplay, Stars And Parties Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 On A Thursday In 125 Pictures - July 21, 2017
- Nerdcore Thursday With MC Chris AKA MC PeePants From ATHF - July 21, 2017
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017