By Tro Rex and Eyo Bella
When I first approached Eyo about the idea of doing a series of illustrated books based on H. P. Lovecraft’s works her (appropriate) first response was “Hell yeah!” Clearly, we’re related and I should stop telling people she was adopted! This awesome course of action decided on, we ran with it and we’ve been up and going ever since!
While there are already some good parody and crossover Lovecraftian kids’ books out there already, our concept is a bit different! We’re out to present the horrifying tales we all know and love in an easier to consume format with rich, original artwork.
By combining these condensed manuscripts with Eyo’s gorgeous illustrations, we’re delighted to be working on our first offering – Littlest Lovecraft: The Call of Cthulhu!
We decided that Kickstarter was the place for us in part because everyone we spoke to about it said “OMFG, KICKSTARTER IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!” It’s been a great platform for us to meet and connect with all sorts of Lovecraft fans! With the Kickstarter campaign and coming up with cool rewards, we get to think up all kinds of fun items and ideas we wouldn’t necessarily have a chance to offer otherwise – coins, postcards, and t-shirts, oh my! Plus, could I really pass up the opportunity to create a snarky promotional video? Clearly not.
We’re on a roll and can’t wait to see where we end up by the end of our campaign on April 25th. Today, our Kickstarter. Tomorrow, the world!
So stop on by before time runs out!
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017
- Gendercrunching November 2016 – Marvel, DC, Boom, Titan, Dynamite And Valiant - January 19, 2017
- Image Comics’ $428 Humble Bundle To Benefit Human Rights Campaign For Their 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017