By Tro Rex and Eyo Bella
When I first approached Eyo about the idea of doing a series of illustrated books based on H. P. Lovecraft’s works her (appropriate) first response was “Hell yeah!” Clearly, we’re related and I should stop telling people she was adopted! This awesome course of action decided on, we ran with it and we’ve been up and going ever since!
While there are already some good parody and crossover Lovecraftian kids’ books out there already, our concept is a bit different! We’re out to present the horrifying tales we all know and love in an easier to consume format with rich, original artwork.
By combining these condensed manuscripts with Eyo’s gorgeous illustrations, we’re delighted to be working on our first offering – Littlest Lovecraft: The Call of Cthulhu!
We decided that Kickstarter was the place for us in part because everyone we spoke to about it said “OMFG, KICKSTARTER IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!” It’s been a great platform for us to meet and connect with all sorts of Lovecraft fans! With the Kickstarter campaign and coming up with cool rewards, we get to think up all kinds of fun items and ideas we wouldn’t necessarily have a chance to offer otherwise – coins, postcards, and t-shirts, oh my! Plus, could I really pass up the opportunity to create a snarky promotional video? Clearly not.
We’re on a roll and can’t wait to see where we end up by the end of our campaign on April 25th. Today, our Kickstarter. Tomorrow, the world!
So stop on by before time runs out!
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017
- The Winners Of Diamond’s Retailer Best Practice Awards Spring 2017, Announced At Chicago - April 24, 2017
- DC Comics Has Dark Matter, Cougar And Cub Have Faecal Matter… - April 24, 2017