Charlene Ellen wrote for Bleeding Cool from WonderCon;
On Saturday, Francis Mao, Lily Bosma and Mike Nunn spoke at the “World of Capcom” panel. They announced development on an update to the Street Fighter IV series, and is seeking feedback from fans (www.capcom-unity,com for details).
Francis Mao showed the Mega Man 25th Anniversary statue, plus photos of a new MM statue that will be at San Diego ComicCon. One or both will be available in a limited pre-order, but I was shooting pix while writing and didn’t get that detail down.
Next, they screened trailers for many games, including “Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate”, “Lost Planet 3” (a prequel to Lost Planet 1), “Resident Evil: Revelations”, “Dragons Dogma”, “Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mysteria”, and “Remember Me”. I’m not a gamer, but I was ready to buy “Remember Me” — it looks that good. Nicely done, Capcom.
Then Francis Mao invited to audience to the Capcom booth where free items awaited those who demo’d the games. Did I mention that I’m not a gamer? I’m usually forced to make do with writing stories or cutting SFX because my teen hogs up the media corner 24/7.
So, happier than a grownup kid with a 3-day pass to WonderCon, I tried the games. I also died instantly and repeatedly, but was rewarded with several posters, a Dragon Dogma backpack and some hard-copy memories from the “Remember Me” photo booth. Very nicely done, Capcom.
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017