The article below was sent to DC Comics for comment early this morning. A few minutes ago, the NY Post suddenly ran this article, something I understand was originally planned for Monday morning. Here’s what I originally wrote;
Some people had money on Harper Row. I was banking on Ellie from Batman Inc. But it looks like the new Robin in the DC Universe could be Carrie Kelley.
Carrie first appeared in Frank Miller and Klaus Janson‘s seminal Dark Knight Returns, taking up the rolw of Robin, and later appeared as Catgirl in Dark Knight Strikes Again twenty years leter. These stories however have never been part of the official history of the DC Universe, both before and after the recent reboot.
The character also appears as Robin in the also Ame-Comi Girls, another story told out of continuity.
I understand that certain retailers have been called up, and have been told that they may wish to up their orders of Batman And Robin #19, out next week, as a result of planned media coverage on Monday. That it will involve Carrie Kelley appearing in Batman And Robin #19. And one retailer tells me that DC have an overprint in the system of 18,000 copies, all waiting to be ordered, which is a rather large amount for such a book.
This is the solicitation for the comic.
On the darkest of nights, who is the one person Batman meets that could change his life forever?
This might suggest that Carrie Kelley is destined to be the new Robin of the New 52 DC Universe and this will be her first appearance in this regard. The right hand side of the gatefold cover to Batman And Robin #19 hasn’t been revealed. But in our own attempt at making our own WTF moments at Bleeding Cool, this is one that Brandon ZK Olmstead came up with.
Maybe we weren’t too far off the mark?
And this is what the NY Post have just run;
Quoting Tomasi saying;
“What you’ll find out once you crack the book, is that she’s not exactly the ‘new Robin,’ but I don’t want to spoil the story and her introduction into Bruce Wayne/Batman’s life,” Tomasi said. “In regards to how long she’ll be around, let’s just say that it’s a helluva lot longer than ‘one issue.’ I’ve got plans for Carrie that play well into the future.”
Not far off at all…
- DC Comics Take Legal Action Against Ice Cream Store For The Shape Of Their “G” - January 17, 2017
- Dr Aphra, OOO And BT-1 Make Their Way Into The Wider Star Wars Universe - January 17, 2017
- Image Gives Curse Words A Gold Embossed One-Per-Retailer Cover Too – Well, It Is Their Birthday Any Day Now - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s One Per Store Variant Covers – Collect The Set? from Mighty Captain Marvel To Venom - January 17, 2017
- Dark Horse To Publish Omnibus Of Buffy Season 8 Written By Joss Whedon, Bryan K Vaughan, Drew Goddard And More - January 17, 2017