The opening of Derek Cianfrance‘s Place Beyond the Pines is an extended tracking shot of Ryan Gosling, cranking up the moodiness as he gets ready for a night of death-defying work. The slightly outrageous, retro-cool jackets are getting to be a bit of a thing for Gosling now, it would seem.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFguF3gf-vU
Now, if you could see what happens next, you’d better appreciate why the camera stays on the second and third riders after Gosling drives out of frame towards the end there. The magic of cinema. I love it.
The Place Beyond the Pines is released across the UK next Friday, April 12th. Here are a few more clips in the meantime; our Michael Moran’s review of the film will arrive on Monday.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlpCSOUwvEg
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014