Various reports, apparently seeded by The Daily Star, have claimed that Christopher Eccleston pulled out of the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special at… erm… the eleventh hour. If I can say that.
But according to Digital Spy, this isn’t the case at all. They cite an official BBC source in reporting that while Eccleston won’t be in the show, it’s because he never agreed to be in the first place.
He did, they say, meet with Moffat a couple of times to consider the planned story line, but it didn’t pan out.
After careful thought, Chris decided not to be in the episode. He wishes the team all the best.
And that’s apparently official. Official is the word they use.
Bleeding Cool has been lead to believe that you’ll see a nod to the Ninth Doctor in the episode. Well, more than a nod, really, but it’s not anything that would need Ecclestone to turn up on set. We’re trying to verify the specifics of this particular plot point – which doesn’t stop with the Ninth, I must add – and if we can iron it out, I’ll tell you more.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014