As well as Tron 3, or whatever its secret title is, Joseph Kosinski has been prepping a do-over for Disney’s The Black Hole. Details are pretty scarce, besides whatever you can assume on the basis of the original film – ie. Moby Dick in space, with memorable robots.
But Kosinsk is in the UK at the moment discussing Oblivion, and the generic interview farmers at Getty Images sat down with him to ask a few questions about his other projects.
You can see the video at their site – and license it for your site, if you wish to. Anyhow, here’s a transcript of the Black Hole bits:
We have some exciting news coming on that very soon. And that’s a project I’m very excited about. It’s about a deep kind of space trip to the centre of the galaxy where there’s a supermassive black hole. We’ve got a good idea for that as well.
Quite like the old Black Hole, then. But the promise of news coming soon suggests that it may be ready to go before Tron 3. I guess we don’t have too long to wait until we know for sure.
If I had to guess at what the news would be, I might go out on a limb and avoid the obvious – release date, say or casting – and speculate that the whole film will be filmed in the IMAX format. I mean, if any one film ever really seemed suited to the IMAX image, I guess it would be this one.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014