Having directed the third, fourth, fifth and sixth Fast and Furious films, Justin Lin seemed like a lock for the seventh. This summer’s part six is even devised as one of a diptych with the next instalment – and even comes with a post-credits sequence setting up the next film’s big bad.
But Universal are in too much of a rush. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Justin Lin doesn’t want to start prep on the seventh film while he’s still cutting the sixth, so he’s left the project.
As a result, Universal need somebody who can jump onto a moving vehicle, and soon – somebody who can handle the stunts, FX work and big-name, big-bicep stars.
The plan is to get Fast 7 out next summer so I expect we’ll find out who the replacement is soon.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014